The Breckenridge-Wheeler Area Historical Society, Inc. was established in 1994 as a result of a historical committee organized by the Breckenridge Area Chamber of Commerce. It received its advance ruling for a 501c3 organization in 1995 and its final status in 1998. It currently owns and operates two museum sites.
Its normal summer hours of operations are on Mondays from 9-12.
Groups and private tours can be made by special arrangements by calling 989.842.1241.
Both museums are staffed by willing volunteers.
Our mailing address is
P O Box 52
404 E. Saginaw
Breckenridge, MI 48615-0052
Both museums are located side by side, right on M46.
A semi-monthly newsletter is published for its members
called the Plank-Road Dispatch and is mostly done using e-mail.
Upcoming BWAHS Schedule:
Now through the month of September – museum and house are open on Mondays from 9 – 12(noon).
August 23 - Harmony on the Green Event. The Plank Road Arbor of the Gleaners will sponsor an Ice Cream Social with music by the Midstatesmen Barbershop Chorus. Event is free to the public, but donations are accepted. The Gleaners will also be making a $750 donation to the Historical Society. Tours of both buildings will be available after the music.
September 5 - 6:30 PM - Annual Membership meeting with elections at the Plank Road Museum.
September 15 - Elvis Dinner Show - Elvis Impersonator, Jake Slater, will perform after a Swiss Steak Dinner catered by Linda Chapin. Cost $20/person. Call 989.842.1241 and leave a message for tickets. All proceeds go to support the Breckenridge-Wheeler Area Historical Society